A537 Cat & Fiddle Speed Cameras

Discussion in 'Rideout / Meets' started by DW., Apr 11, 2013.

1. DW.

DW. Member

Please be aware that the speed cameras are up and running on there. Ive been court speeding.

2. YammyShagger

YammyShagger Banned

Caught doing what in a what?

90 in a 30? ;)

3. DW.

DW. Member

The speed is 50 on that road, and my bike will only do 84. I was doing more then 50mph

4. YammyShagger

YammyShagger Banned

So what you got? 3 points dude? :(

5. he5ton

he5ton Member

F#*king hate them cameras...when rideing a bike the police seem 2 give us bit of respect...(allow 40 in a 30 as long as not being danderours)...I think the speed detectors should do the same...

6. DW.

DW. Member

It's looking that way

7. YammyShagger

YammyShagger Banned

Is it a fine as well? :confused:

Ive got 6 points for speeding, both times stopped by an unmarked car though.

My eyes are perfectly trained to spot Panda Cars and Yellow Boxes. :D

8. YammyShagger

YammyShagger Banned

Why should a bike be allowed to move faster than a car? :confused:

I like you he5ton and I HATE cars with a passion, but if you were Prime Minister I think that law would create mass riots. :D

9. he5ton

he5ton Member

[quoIe="YammyShagger, post: 81137, member: 5663"]Why should a bike be allowed to move go faster than a car? :confused:

I like you he5ton and I HATE cars with a passion, but if you were Prime Minister I think that law would create mass riots. :D[/quote]

If i were PM there would be zero fuel tax , zero alcohol tax, and the doors into UK will be closed...also capital punishment would be reinstated for the sickest of crimes and people on benefits will be made to work (country is a mess plenty for them to do)...

Anyway daily rant over...panda cars have little authority when it comes to speeding as they have no speed monitering equipment... The traffic cars do...( Volvo's Range Rovers, BMW's ect...)...I have been nodded at when speeding as it wasn't a built up area and I was not being dangerous... Nothing too exsessive but defo more than the limit...

As a person (even a copper) you gotta realize if someone is willing to ride fast on a bike knowing they gonna get f#*ked up if they fall, then that tells you that person is ridding safe...otherwise they would stick to the speed limit and not the limit of the road conditions & environment will allow...ridding a bike has made me a better car driver aswel...

10. YammyShagger

YammyShagger Banned

If i were PM there would be zero fuel tax , zero alcohol tax, and the doors into UK will be closed...also capital punishment would be reinstated for the sickest of crimes and people on benefits will be made to work (country is a mess plenty for them to do)...

Anyway daily rant over...panda cars have little authority when it comes to speeding as they have no speed monitering equipment... The traffic cars do...( Volvo's Range Rovers, BMW's ect...)...I have been nodded at when speeding as it wasn't a built up area and I was not being dangerous... Nothing too exsessive but defo more than the limit...

As a person (even a copper) you gotta realize if someone is willing to ride fast on a bike knowing they gonna get f#*ked up if they fall, then that tells you that person is ridding safe...otherwise they would stick to the speed limit and not the limit of the road conditions & environment will allow...ridding a bike has made me a better car driver aswel...[/quote]

Nicely put. :)

But it will never happen.

11. DW.

DW. Member

£60 i think, but am going to push for the training course.

12. YammyShagger

YammyShagger Banned

Screw that! £60 and points? That's mental.

I been stopped twice for speeding and just got 3 points.

And are you allowed to do the course on L-plates? I was told no by the copper.

Unless you're on a full licence dARKwHISPER441???

13. DW.

DW. Member

when i phone up. The women never said anything about not being allowed because on l plates.

14. YammyShagger

YammyShagger Banned

But you did you mention it? :rolleyes:

Because people don't automatically assume that someone who is an active road user and just been done for speeding is on L-Plates.
    99.9% of the time it will be full licence holders so you cant expect them to guess you are provisional.

Motorbikes only make up 2% of all vehicles on the road.
    How much of that 2% do you think are on L-Plates?
    And then how much of that percentage do you think are caught speeding?

I would phone back and check mate to be honest. :confused:

15. he5ton

he5ton Member

That's a lot of %.....

YammyShagger likes this.