Ace Cafe Ride out - London, Sat 7th August

Discussion in 'Rideout / Meets' started by chelseaboy, Jul 19, 2010.

1. chelseaboy

chelseaboy Guest

Guys!

We are going to be having our first YAMAHAR125.COM London meet at the Ace Cafe. The plan is to meet at the Mall at 12 on Saturday the 7th of August and then ride up to the Ace for Lunch. :D (all dates and time are subject to change, so If you can't make it please still post)

The route:
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...1.504362,-0.193462&spn=0.104287,0.266762&z=12

I will be sorting out forum stickers for the meet which will be sold at cost price on the day.

It would be great if you could all make it, I have seen loads of r125s in London since I've been back home, there are tons of us.

Lets start these meets with a bang with everyone turning up!

Chelseaboy

2. Oooh i've got another ride out lined up that day for a help for heroes jobbie. if we don't go to it, i'll be at the ace cafe.

3. Caspa

Caspa Member

I'm up for it!

4. chelseaboy

chelseaboy Guest

Brilliant cause, but if you aren't going would be great if you could make it for the ride out... its about time we all broke the Ace in!

5. Is it the done thing to put their decals on your bike? I see bikes with them stuck on! It's that iconic, obviously.

6. Caspa

Caspa Member

Well, I wouldnt but each to their own! ;) It'll be good, nice ride then a nice bit of grub... Looking forward to it... :mrgreen:

Never been part of a biker posse, it'll be mad riding with other R125's, hopefully we get a good turn out...

Peoples?

7. Just seen the route.

In summary...

...I ain't going into the centre of London, on a Saturday! Or any day for that matter lol.

8. Count me in!! I rode from Northampton on my DT125 to the Ace! Would probably meet you there though chaps if that's acceptable?

9. g3ndu

g3ndu Member

heyyy alll as soon as i get ma bike fixed and up and running fingers Xed im deffo wanna come

10. chelseaboy

chelseaboy Guest

Why not? No congestion charge and you can go through any traffic with our bikes with ease. Trust me mate its simple. Would be great to have you there mate

11. Benji

Benji Guest

Tempted, but not tempted to the ride into London, might meet you guys at the ACE, what kind of time do you think you will get there?

12. chelseaboy

chelseaboy Guest

Aiming to arrive at the Ace for 1.30. How come? If you have any other suggestions then I can change the plan

13. chelseaboy

chelseaboy Guest

You can become a member of their club. Its around £20 per year and they send you all sorts of info etc. Very iconic. You can buy the stickers from the cafe, they are a couple of quid.

I also hope you guys don't mind me doing the forum decals. Going to do them exactly like the font on the header above. That was keep it neutral...call me switzerland :lol:

14. Benji

Benji Guest

No don't go changing plans just for me, It's riding into the middle of London seems a daunting place to navigate for a hill billy like me.

15. chelseaboy

chelseaboy Guest

Would be very willing to meet you and aaron where the A1 comes into London, very easy route to where the rideout is going to start. Very keen on you lads coming if you are free. London is easy mate, car drivers in these parts seem to be very aware of bikers and are nothing but courteous.

16. Benji

Benji Guest

Where is Aaron riding from? If anyone wants to meet on the way down, I'm heading from Lincolnshire so coming south, won't just be A1, there was some nice roads when I came down last time, lovely twisty fun.

Go on I will trundle into London, might improve my map reading in built up area's.

17. I would come in from Luton; down the A5 into St. Albans and then straight down into Radlett then Elstree/Borehamwood before getting on the A41 which joings up at the A1.

Ben when I cam up to Cadwell the other day I went from Luton to Bedford up the A6, across the A421 and then onto the A1 and then from there on somehow got to Cadwell (went through Horncastle, was looking out for you!) It was the same for the reverse route.

Anyway that'd be my route, from Luton.

The reason I don't want to go into central london? I don't like busy places at the best of times. I'd have to go right past the final meeting point to get to the first meeting point and my brain works with logic which just shouts at me not to do it because my brain doesn't make sense of it.

18. chelseaboy

chelseaboy Guest

Fair enough mate, dont mind getting up a bit earlier and riding in with you. I know the St Albans route very well. If you want you can meet up with us at the Ace?

19. mrjames82

mrjames82 Member

Damn! I go to Ace all the time but I'm up north (Which is very rare for me) on the Saturday. Gutted :( Maybe next time!

Also guys don't worry about riding round London, its easier on a bike than you think, most of the cars aren't going anywhere fast anyway. You'll become a master of low speed clutch control and filtering too ;)

20. chelseaboy

chelseaboy Guest

Disappointing to hear you cant make it... looking forward to meet an se21 local. Due to the "Mr" presume you may have been one of my teachers at school :lol: .

On a brighter note, believe the amazing Firefly is set to make an appearance! Even more reason to come to the meet everyone!