Help With Parking Lights And Headlights

Discussion in 'WR125X WR125R Discussions' started by Callum B, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Ive got a 2016 WR125R and the parking light is pretty dim and provides basically no visibility in darker conditions and other road users seem to not notice me from what I've heard. On the other hand when using full beam it's pointed too high and causes a disctraction for other motorists.

Can I solve this by installing brighter lights or even LEDs? Would appreciate the input from others.

Thanks

2. RPS

RPS Member

You need to adjust headlight first using the screw on spring under the headlight to see what its like when its correctly set. One way raises it and other lowers the light. Best to do at dusk, on level, facing a wall. Apols if 2016 is diff from my 2010 which I am describing.

3. Draft_

Draft_ Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Blazer likes this.
  4. Blazer

Blazer Member

If you can't adjust the headlight low enough, then the wiring loom may be pushing on the back of the headlight. If you don't mind modifying your headlight, you could fit a super bright led bulb. I have one fitted and it makes a huge difference, here's a link to the post http://www.yamahar125.com/threads/switchable-lights.8263/.

5. Thanks for the response I will look at getting new lights soon