My R125 carbon fibre for sale!

Discussion in 'For sale' started by chainsawz, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Codemonkey

Codemonkey Member

Why not ? Just pointing out the reasons why I think his asking price is somewhat optimistic.

Missing hero blob on the right hand side footrest and the fact it looks a bit bent backwards (may be a camera angle thing), plus the Yamaha writing in gold in the last pic but white in the others would indicate otherwise. Photo's where the bike is clearly different in some photo's than others doesn't really inspire confidence to a buyer. What does the bike really look like now ?

Suit yourself, just don't expect to get as high a sale price for it when you come to sell it on. Its very rare that mods of that nature add to the value, usually its the opposite.

Pointing these things out now could enable the seller to try & do something about them to get a better resale value. Better photo's maybe, or tidy up the problem areas with the vinyl wrap and re-photo. Otherwise they're just issues that any other half clued up potential buyer could spot just as easilly.

2. mrwhite

mrwhite Member

any bike that's been modified like that screams 'i've been dropped'. you know that yourself, Fisher, and i don't think you'd look at a bike that's been changed so much. to compare bikes to cars is a little bit of a stretch too far, in my eyes. you don't usually buy new bodykits for bikes, for example. however, an exhaust that requires 4 or 5 bolts to fit but making a world of difference to a bike is something that people do simply for looks/sound/practicality. i've never looked at a bike wit a new exhaust and assumed it's been laid down. have you? also, to mod a bike so heavily means you need someone who wants orangey-red fork nuts and red flamed handlebar grips and carbon wrapped boomerang panels that look like that. limited market, and not the most tasteful modifications.

i know this looks like i'm jumping on your case every time you hit a reply, like last night, but i promise i'm not!

St0o likes this.
  3. Alonso

Alonso Member

I Like it :), just a bit over priced...

4. L-J-P

L-J-P staff Staff Member

On a car as a mod I would say alloys and a stereo don't affect the value of a car because they can improve looks/handling, it's when you start bodging an induction kit, sticking a bad boy exhaust on that it does!
    On a bike an exhaust and a tail tidy are perfect mods, but painting calipers (which I think never look great) and having colour coded items all over the bike dont look great and do affect the value of it!

5. chainsawz

chainsawz Member

Your assuming the bikes been dropped or crashed, and thats why the panels are different right? No, ive never dropped of crashed the bike, the panels were new and came with it. Whats the point of replying to this thread if your not interested in buying it??
    also im not the kind of guy who puts on racing stickers to make it look faster or a race replica, Get real, its a 125cc and its slow as a turtle, and its not a race bike.
    One thing your right about is the pictures, i havent had time to put on recent pictures and wheres the gold yamaha writing?
    Ive put it up at a higher price and said im accepting offers, what does that tell you? its called business:cool:
    ill clean her up and put on good pics soon
    oh and im selling coz i got a new bike and its uncomfortable!!! XD

6. Codemonkey

Codemonkey Member

So are you saying the bike is original and mint under all that fake carbon wrap and that none of the 3 previous owners dropped it ? If so, you'd almost certainly get more for it if you removed it and made it look standard.

On one of the photo's from the front of the bike where you can just see the Yamaha lettering, it looks gold. Apologies if it isn't/wasn't but it definitely has a yellow tinge in that photo.

If you can sell that bike as it looks now for the price you put up, you should be able to sell oil to the arabs!

7. chainsawz

chainsawz Member

The bike is MINT under the carbon fibre, got the before and after pics of wrapping each panel,
    itll go for less if i make it look standard,
    i dont plan to sell it for that price no im just taking offers... price is negotiable

8. mrwhite

mrwhite Member

you will not see £2k for a 3 year old, 4 owner bike covered in that ************. if you want some cash, strip it, clean it, and put it up for less.

9. L-J-P

L-J-P staff Staff Member

No you haven't got to strip it, just put it up for £1700-£1900 and see what you get!

10. Mayoh x2

Mayoh x2 Member

can very nice,
    seats quiete nice,

rest i dont know.

id get rid of those ghastly grips n but original back on
    also the wrap n stripe of the screen,
    m take it of the tank n boomerangs look really poor qaulity cf, nose cone looks good though.

it would be a nice bike, obviously a lot of work gone into it, but carbon only looks good in moderation, if you stripped it back to original youd get more cause peeps will look at it n think"messed with" . im not slating you or the bike but just take advice n sell it standard n sell exhaust seperate :)

11. Alonso

Alonso Member

Saw this bike in greenwich the other day, i thought it looked good!

12. chainsawz

chainsawz Member

That must have been the guy who bought it, what colour were the headlights? I think he took the HIDS off.
    sold to the first viewer for a good price, i actually recieved higher offers but let it go to buy the ninja

13. Alonso

Alonso Member

I just saw a glimpse of it as i was comming out of a road so not sure about the headlights. Out of interest how much did you sell it for at the end?

14. chainsawz

chainsawz Member

£2200

15. Alonso

Alonso Member

Good price. Post a pic up of the ninja to make me feel jelouse ;)

16. chainsawz

chainsawz Member

lool haha okay:[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

17. chainsawz

chainsawz Member

These were the last pictures before i sold her :([​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Im riding the black NSR at the moment, i dont even have a full licence, im in the process of doing so,
    word of advice, get rid of you r125 as soon as you can coz ur missing out on SSSPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDD

18. CRIPPPLE FIIIIGHT:D

19. chainsawz

chainsawz Member

?