Rear Wheel Axle Bolt Fell Out?

Discussion in 'YZF R125 General Discussions' started by Luke Saunders, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Hi guys,

Something very unusual happened to me yesterday.

I was doing my usual commute back from Cambridge home, which is about 25 miles and I noticed my bike felt it had more vibration to it.

It wasn't until I got home that I noticed the single bolt holding on the rear wheel was literally hanging out the side of the bike... Yup, wheel could've fallen out at any point.

As you all know well from doing sprocket, wheel or chain adjustments, the bolt is one very long piece of metal which runs through the wheel, and a large nut secures the other side; both must be loosened if you want to move the wheel backwards or forwards.

What seems to have happened, is my bike has managed to 'vibrate' the bolt loose... some how.

I know for a fact the bolt was tightened as I did it with a torque wrench... So yeah I'll upload pictures later but when I got home, my wheel was at a slight angle, I reckon one more mile and it would've slipped loose; leaving nothing but the chain holding on...

Anyone know where I can source a new bolt for it? It's a very large bolt, measuring 14.8mm in diameter.
    Need urgently as bike is of little use with one wheel!

Cheers!

-Luke

2. Sorry its worth noting I obviously lost the original bolt somewhere on the A428!