Rebuilding My Stolen Wr125x :( , Just Need Advise If That's Cool.

Discussion in 'WR125X WR125R Discussions' started by man, Jul 22, 2016.

1. man

man

My wr125x been stolen so police found it in field striped all whats left is frame and engine. So i trying to rebuild it i bought it on finance and i had only third party insurance so they not giving me sh*t for it.

Attached Files:

2. man

man

Does anyone know if the yamaha yzf125 r wheels fit wr125x?

3. Blazer

Blazer Member

No they won't, yamaha dt 125 x wheels will fit and the rear has the added bonus of a hollow spindle, handy for fitting crash bobbins.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  4. man

man

thanks i only asking cos they £100 cheaper then wr125x wheels

5. RPS

RPS Member

What is missing in general terms. How old was it. Do you have the expertise to rebuild a bike even if you have the time and money. Might sound pessimistic but you may be better cutting your losses and scrape enough together to buy an old biketo get you by.

6. man

man

The bike is 2015 model.So forks been taken off, wheels , all plastics, handle bars, front sprocket and sprocket cover, seat, ignition barrel been smashed out tank cover ripped off and tank is damaged, calipers are gone, some wiring ripped out I think thats it ,but not sure was to upset to look at it any longer. I have a lot experience in fixing motorbikes, but now I am in dept cos i still have to pay bank 3000 for finance, so i will try buying piece by piece to put it back together and try selling it or just keep it. It would cost me around £700 for all parts and i have 3d printer so i might print all custom fairing for it. My nice sister borrowed me 1500 to buy honda cbr125 2007 so i have that at the moment . I know all this will cost and take a lot off my time but what i got to loose now.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016

7. I can't help you bro, but hope it all goes well, gutting to see someone do this.

8. What RPS said are my thoughts too.
    It's bad to see your bike like that, I would be destroyed.
    It will cost you a lot to rebuild it but if you keep looking and are a competent mechanic you could probably search ebay for parts and rebuild it yourself.
    Let us know how you get on with it, I hope it all works out for you

9. man

man

sorry for long time no updated got most parts sorted all it needs now new tyres and mot, wire indicators and headlight but i missing connector to front brake sensor and not sure if clutch sensor is wired correctly . just i got one problem seems like when they try to take off handle bars they ripped wires off so i tried finding schematics online but with no luck. Any chance someone got picture how front is wired up would be big help. ( ps had my ybr stolen two night ago this time from my house )

Attached Files:

10. Another stolen bike?? Damn! What have you done to deserve all of this??
    I'm sorry I can't help you.. But this project seems interesting. I'd like to follow your "adventure" and the progression of the Wr..
    I got one question: I saw that you found a new front fender. Where did you buy it? How much did it cost?

11. man

man

yeah i know , my luck probably. I got it off a guy on gumtree from Manchester for £45 set off plastics some where cracked. Now tomorrow will put new tires and get insurance , tax and back on the road.