Selling My bike

Discussion in 'For sale' started by zachm99, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Jay-Ramirez

Jay-Ramirez Member

Erm?LOL please please please dont think u can handle a 600 just because u been on a bike.

t14cjg likes this.

2. Spot on my man.

Didn't want to pick on the lad too much, but i couldn't agree more.
    Seems that for some the "young Driver" syndrome doesn't just happen with cars.....

Jay-Ramirez likes this.
  3. Jay-Ramirez

Jay-Ramirez Member

its completely true what you say, people say the r125 aint fast enough but still manage to crash, fall, write it off, and possibly break something in their body, but yet, its not fast enough :S

they say it gets boring, ask them if they can knee down on the r125, they havent got a clue how to! once u mastered this and taken everything u can out of the bike then maybe you get bored,

im just saying, fella with a 600 going around corners like my nan does with her trolley is more embarrassing than having" a slow 4 stroke 125"

Im just saying ;)

mrwhite, azz2693 and L-J-P like this.
  4. Fisher

Fisher Member

Which is why I think a 250 is a brilliant engine size!
    Although, I do with there were more 400 sport bikes :p

5. mrwhite

mrwhite Member

did you not read Jay's post? you haven't managed to complete your R125 yet, let alone moving up to the next level...

6. Fisher

Fisher Member

Yes, I am aware of that. I am merely saying that a 250 is still plenty forgiving for learners. But they have enough oomph to keep you happy on any road.

7. mrwhite

mrwhite Member

the Ninjas are absolutely disgusting. so poorly made. there's one in my uni, 6 months old and a lovely rusty end can the size of a horse's hanger. any 400 sports bikes these days are falling to pieces, too. keep your bike, bore it up, enjoy it to it's full potential! :D

Jay-Ramirez likes this.
  8. Jay-Ramirez

Jay-Ramirez Member

just look at wildkids zx4r, couple weeks into getting it and already was a picture of him having to push it down the road.

9. NEBAscension

NEBAscension Member

well theres soon going to be one less person to worry about on the roads by the sound of it.

10. Jay-Ramirez

Jay-Ramirez Member

touch wood your wrong, but the way it looks like it, unexperienced kids wanting to get a bigger bike to show of to their friends.

11. NEBAscension

NEBAscension Member

im unexperienced enough myself, but 3 weeks in and already i've been hit by a car on my tail because the driver wasn't looking where he was going. Which shows how easily accidents can happen, had I not have saw him doing it in the mirror the surprise could have had me pop the clutch as I was pulling off, not so bad on the yzf but on a 600, or even a 250.... The trafic speeding past on my right would have had no chance to stop in time.
    + im not wishing anything bad on the kid, but theres no way I or probably he could get a knee down on the yzf, or handle a 600. I'm just not good OR confident enough yet.

Comming off it in the first few days should have been lesson enough, none of this "its k im betta now 600's will probs b ezy" ************. I jumped on my yzf 4 months after passing my CBT on a korean mess of a bike, but I was smart enough (or should i say not stupid enough?) not to corner at 60 or bitch about the 85mph top end because im too busy pissing about with a mate risking myself and anyone else unfortunate enough to live nearby.

12. mrwhite

mrwhite Member

look at Benji. he's never had his knee down on the R, though his tyres told a totally different story. he used the 125, he then used the 182 and got the most out of that bike. he's got a ZX6R now, and it's restricted, like you should have..., for a few more weeks until his 2 years are up. even he sounds surprised at the speed of the bike, and he only has 1/3 of what he can do with it yet...

speed doesn't kill, poor use of speed kills. and i don't think many people, especially on this forum, would be too wise in jumping on a bigger capacity bike. especially when you're coming off your 'poxy little put-put 125s'...

i read somewhere - which made me laugh - a guy talking about his ride home after trading in his 125 and getting a litre bike, "you don't ride how you rode for two years. don't do what I did and drop 2 cogs tryina overtake some old codger in a metro... where is the metro? why has the steering gone light? why is the speedo reading triple figures?" Gankmaster said the day he got it that if you start fully opening and closing the throttle on his bike you're going to turn into a smear on a tree somewhere.

there's talk of changing the test so that you're permitted to ride 46bhp only, and a further test to ride anything bigger, and scrapping the two years = anything you want because you can pass your test on a hired 125, not touch a bike for two years and then just go buy a 2.3L triumph rocket.