The Adventures Of My Wr

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Draft_, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Draft_

Draft_ Member

Just though I'd start a blog up showing the places I get to on my wr rather than spamming elsewhere.

2. Draft_

Draft_ Member

02/04/15[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Above image is taken at the
    Gordonstown Hill wind farm at grid ref: 57.450663, -2.476091 but you can't see it on street view as the images are too old. The others are all taken within the Fyvie castle estate grid ref: 57.443619, -2.391474
    [​IMG] [​IMG] 09/04/15[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]Just for anyone interested, the location of these off-road photos is on the forestry commission trails in the Gartly moor forest grid ref: 57.382964, -2.700629 and also the Back o' Bennachie forestry trails grid ref: 57.311256, -2.563512

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
    yamahawr125x2011 likes this.
  3. Draft_

Draft_ Member

Snowing on the 26th of april, Dafuq?

[​IMG]

4. More updates! :)

5. Draft_

Draft_ Member

Just went out for a quick ride today to have a look at a nearby antenna, thanks for the motivation @yamahawr125x2011 :p!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Since the hill is the tallest in place in surrounding 25km area you can normally get a real good view from it but the weather was terrible and I couldn't real see much :'( (grid: 57.386681, -2.400188 )

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
    Blazer, Lammy and yamahawr125x2011 like this.
  6. Draft_

Draft_ Member

Lost my crash virginity today :(
    [​IMG]
    The rear end slid out whilst I was coming out of a corner doing 40mph and I tried to counteract it by steering the other way but the front end tucked and I highsided. The bike and I slid about 50m down the road (which was wet and muddy) before coming to a stop on the verge. Fortunately the bike has sustained very minor damage:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Luckily it was only 1 1/2 miles down the road and the bike started up fine after I picked it up.

7. Oh no:(
    How are you doing?

8. Draft_

Draft_ Member

I'm pretty much OK, I only have a bruise on my hip but other than that I'm fine. My gear held up very well; my jacket only has a small mark on it, my gloves are fine, my mx boots only have a few small marks and the trousers are scratched but not torn.

Thank's for asking! :)

9. Good to hear :)
    Smart to wear riding gear, always do that myself

10. Draft_

Draft_ Member

So decided to go to a pretty unique spot today, the abandoned Tarlair swimming pool which was built way back in 1931 (57.6705029,-2.4720687).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

yamahawr125x2011 likes this.
  11. Draft_

Draft_ Member

So I decided that I finally had enough with my phones crappy camera and decided to buy something a littl better, a Nikon D3300! IMAG0489.jpg
    Needless to say the picture quality should now be 100x better and I'll probably start taking even more pictures too :) Here's a few examples of the cameras quality (I've had to downscale them to 1/8 resolution in order to upload them):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And a little comparison between my phone and camera:
    [​IMG]

12. Draft_

Draft_ Member

The WR is going to have a new friend soon :p
    [​IMG]

13. Draft_

Draft_ Member