Weird Humming Noise While Riding My 2016 Yzf R125

Discussion in 'Technical Discussions' started by audrius, Sep 9, 2016.

1. hi all, I am new to this forum, but recently a weird noise appeared in my bike.
    Its like humming noise of some sort and it feels as if it sounds a lot louder than the engine, happens only when I ride at a low speed at any gear and when almost stopping, it is kinda has its own time, when ever it wants to appear, gives a slight vibration when it sounds. Its not the engine, by the way, I pulled the clutch in but the sound was still there, for a short time.
    I have no idea what it could be, happened after I took my bike for a second service, it freaks me out as it is a brand new bike and the most expensive one I ever had

2. Blazer

Blazer Member

If it only happens when the bike is being ridden then it's most likely that a tyre is rubbing on something or a tyre pressure is low, you may even have a puncture. If it's none of these then i would take it back to the dealer and get it checked out under warranty.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016

3. that is what I am going to do, tho even my friend said that it sounds a bit wonky even if I am revving it while standing still, tires a re fine, dealer said they checked my tyre pressure while changing my oil and filters, also adjusted a chain.