Yamaha Wr 125 Need Help

Discussion in 'WR125X WR125R Discussions' started by Liam1999, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Liam1999

Liam1999 Member

Need some help with my Yamaha WR 125 X

Basically my bike was running perfect no problems, but about two or three weeks ago, it has being playing up.

When I go out on it, it is fine for about 10 miles, then when it gets to about 10 miles the bike looses all power and the engine management flashes... it does not flash a code however... it tends to do it more when I'm at higher revs... but it keeps doing it...

I have tried the obvious things... replaced spark plug.. checked the connections... replaced HT cap and the ignition coil.. however it is still doing the same thing.

Could any body help me out at all? Anything will be appreciated..

2. Liam1999

Liam1999 Member

Please

3. Blazer

Blazer Member

When you changed your engine, did you re attach the engine earth lead.?

4. Liam1999

Liam1999 Member

The one by the front sprocket? Is so yes mate

5. Blazer

Blazer Member

Could it be something that happens when it gets up to temperature?. You could try turning the engine on and leaving it to warm up fully and see if it happens.

6. Liam1999

Liam1999 Member

How long would should I leave it for mate?

7. Liam1999

Liam1999 Member

And do you suspect it could be anything else... if I can't find out tonight.. I'm gonna have to book It in to Yamaha and pay the price What do yamaha charge to diagnose? And how much is there labour cost an hour?

8. Blazer

Blazer Member

If it happens when the engine reaches it's operating temperature then i suspect it may be either a faulty temp sensor or the engine could be over heating possibly due to the thermostat sticking or staying closed. If the engine is overheating then the ecu may be shutting the bike down. Tbh i'm not sure if i'm talking B+%&-!KS, electrics aren't my strong point, but the theory sounds possible. Yes yamaha will charge by the hour, not sure how much it would cost to diagnose though, best to speak to your local dealer.